Annual Chapter Dues
- Fellow, Associate, Associate, Candidate, Affiliate: $135
- Residents and Medical Students: $0
Dues are 100% tax-deductible!
DC Chapter only
Join the AAP
National AAP and DC Chapter
Why Join the AAP DC Chapter?
Annual Advocacy Day
A half-day of learning through guest speakers, workshops and practice on how to advocate for our profession and childrens’ health.. Topics have included: creating equitable systems of care, gun violence prevention, a career as an advocate, as well as social media and traditional media best practices.
Advocate for Profession
The DC AAP is your voice at the table with the DC Department of Health, the Medical Society of the District of Columbia and with the National American Academy of Pediatrics.
Develop Your Career & Leadership Networks
The DC AAP can help you build your professional networks throughout the District. Here is how you can develop professionally:
- Lead committees at the District level
- Opportunities at the National AAP
- Develop collaborations outside practice
- Apply for grants to support your interest
- Increase your knowledge of and participation in legislative activities at a state level
- Increase involvement in the legislative arena to positively influence the quality of pediatric practice and the welfare of children and adolescents in Maryland
- Build coalitions with other organizations working toward improving children’s health and well-being
- Promote the interests of DC pediatricians within the AAP
- Promote fair reimbursements for pediatricians in the District
- Participate in chapter committees and task forces in areas that interest you
- Be nominated to participate in national committees as openings become available
- Participate in Quality Improvement projects
- Network with other pediatricians with similar interests
- Improve chapter membership participation on National AAP projects and committees
- Join us for opportunities to meet your colleagues throughout the District
- Receive chapter communications and other informative mailings and e-blasts
- Attend Continuing Medical Education meetings sponsored by the Chapter
- Attend Continuing Medical Education meetings sponsored by other providers