Collaborations & Partnerships
3 DC Coalition
DC APP is proud to partner with the Under 3 DC Coalition
All children deserve a strong beginning and a limitless future. Under 3 DC harnesses the voices and power of parents with young children, caregivers, and others to create transformative social change. Our efforts center on the people experiencing racial and economic injustice every day. We shine a spotlight on the need for more public investments to support families with infants and toddlers. Together, we can set the city on a path to creating and sustaining a high quality, equitable early childhood system.
Strategic Pillars of Work:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – With a lens focused on our external programming as well as the work within the pediatric community, we identify, measure, and monitor the work or DEI within the Chapter.
- Organizational Health – We work to ensure that DMV pediatricians and affiliated practitioners understand the value of membership. We build value by constantly assessing the needs of our members and providing programming and resources to assist in the daily practice of pediatric health.
- Financial Health and Stability – We are building financial strength within the Chapter through diversified funding streams (e.g., memberships, sponsorships, partnerships and grants) to enable the Chapter to more fully execute its strategic goals and advance the pediatric profession in the District of Columbia.
- Advocacy – We strive to highlight pediatric health access and equity within the District of Columbia with an emphasis on “birth to three” initiatives and to be the “go to” pediatric voice.
- Chapter Programmatic Focus – Through grants and key partnerships, we identify key health issues to focus our membership and resources on supporting better health in the District of Columbia. For 2021, we continue to focus on Lead Quality