COVID-19 Resources – Parents & Caregivers
DC AAP has gathered information for Parents and Caregivers on COVID-19 resources. Questions can be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DC Health Coronavirus Resource Page
- Centers for Diseases Control & Prevention
- org – AAP Parents
- DC Health Link
- Children’s Law Center – From its early focus on child welfare to taking on a broader approach that looks at the whole child and what they need to grow up with a stable family, CLC offers resources for good health and a quality education.
- AAP Recommended Guidance – Retitle to “COVID-19: What Families Need to Know” and include the existing link
- A guide to keeping your child safe and reassured as coronavirus spreads– CNN
- American Academy of Pediatrics Tips: Finding Ways to Keep Children Occupied During These Challenging Times
- Children’s National Coronavirus Hotline: For general questions about coronavirus, families can call 202-476-5169 to speak with staff from Children’s National between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you have questions about your child’s personal healthcare needs, please contact your child’s care team.
- CDC Vaccinations for each age
- COVID-19 Vaccinations in DC
- Children and COVID-19 Vaccination Trends
- org: The Science Behind COVID-19 Vaccines: Parent FAQs
- AAP Policy Statement: Caring for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- DC Health guidance for schools and childcare: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/phasetwo
- OSSE’s COVID policy webpage
- Distance Learning Guide for Families: https://osse.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/osse/page_content/attachments/TAL%20Family%20Distance%20Learning%20Resources_English.pdf
- Capital Area Food Bank Hunger Hotline: Call: (202) 644-9807