We are accepting candidates for the treasurer and four at-large board member positions now. These roles are essential to leading the Chapter by providing continuity for our organization and our mission to improve the health of DC’s children. Elections will be held at the end of May, with ballots sent to all Chapter members for a vote. Duties will begin in July 2023.
These volunteer board positions typically require 5-7 hours of your time per month. Board members are required to attend bi-monthly board meetings and participate in the planning/execution of the Spring and Fall Symposia, and the annual Advocacy Day. The ideal candidates help to recruit chapter leaders and members as well as lead grant opportunities of their choice.
Two-year position with the option to run for re-election for additional terms.
A voting member of the Executive Committee.
Responsible for budget and monitoring Chapter’s financial activity on a regular basis with meetings with the bookkeeper and Executive Director.
Reviews monthly bank reconciliations and financial reports.
Reviews and updates financial policies and procedures.
Reviews Accounts Payable and Receivable regularly.
Authorizes checks and electronic payments to vendors.
At‐Large Board Member Role Description
- Two-year position with the option to run for additional terms.
- At-Large Board Members are voting members of the Board, along with the Executive Committee.
- Expected to attend and participate in every other month Board meetings and twice-a-year, chapter-wide meetings, plus yearly Advocacy Day.
- Serve as chapter lead for at least one of the Chapter pillars (Advocacy, DEI, Organizational Health, Financial Health, Chapter Programmatic).
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of DC Chapter members.
- Participate in Chapter oversight including strategic planning.
If you are interested in pursuing a leadership role within the DC Chapter, please submit your name, position of interest, headshot, and bio, along with a statement of interest (less than 200 words) by May 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be a member of the Chapter or interested in joining.